What is Virtualization?
Virtualization is the process of creating a software-based, or virtual, representation of something, such as virtual applications, servers, storage, and networks. It is the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility for all size businesses.
Benefits of Virtualization
Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility, and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Greater workload mobility, increased performance and availability of resources, automated operations – they’re all benefits of virtualization that make IT simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate. Additional benefits include:
- Reduced capital and operating costs.
- Minimized or eliminated downtime.
- Increased IT productivity, efficiency, agility and responsiveness.
- Faster provisioning of applications and resources.
- Greater business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Simplified data center management.
- Availability of a true Software-Defined Data Center..
Types of Virtualization
Server virtualization enables multiple operating systems to run on a single physical server as highly efficient virtual machines. Key benefits include:
- Greater IT efficiencies
- Reduced operating costs
- Faster workload deployment
- Increased application performance
- Higher server availability
- Eliminated server sprawl and complexity
By completely reproducing a physical network, network virtualization allows applications to run on a virtual network as if they were running on a physical network — but with greater operational benefits and all the hardware independencies of virtualization. (Network virtualization presents logical networking devices and services — logical ports, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs and more — to connected workloads.)
Deploying desktops as a managed service enables IT organizations to respond faster to changing workplace needs and emerging opportunities. Virtualized desktops and applications can also be quickly and easily delivered to branch offices, outsourced and offshore employees, and mobile workers using iPad and Android tablets.
What Global ITN Offers :
Global ITN Offers Design, Build, Migrate, Support services for below virtualization techniques.
- Hardware Virtualization
- Desktop Virtualization
- Application Virtualization