Reasons for Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing has been growing massively in the industry. It also has many advantages when compared to the traditional data centre hosting. Below are some of the major reasons why everyone should consider using cloud computing:
- Firstly, you no longer have pay for someone (or a team of someone’s) to do things. For example, installing and updating software, as well as installing and managing email servers and/or fine servers or running backups. In fact, the beauty of cloud computing is that all the business of maintaining the service or application is the responsibility of the cloud vendor, not yours.
- Secondly, you may be able to cut back on system hardware. File storage, data backup, and also software programs all take up a lot of space on servers/computers. With cloud computing, you use someone else’s servers to store all this data instead. Thus, freeing up your in-house computer equipment for other purposes or even letting you get rid of some of it.
- Thirdly, a cloud computing application may make integration easier. Because many cloud computing applications include an Application Programming Interface (API) you may be able to find “compatible” applications rather than having to pay to have the applications you want to be integrated customized for you.
- Additionally, cloud computing applications are regularly updated, so you don’t have to spend time and money doing it. This also gives you the advantage of always having access to an application’s latest features and functions.
- In fact, cloud computing gives you and your employees easy access to applications and data from different computers and devices. As more consumers and businesses adopt tools such as smart phones and tablets, the ability to host data in the cloud and access it from just about anywhere on the planet is quickly becoming vital.
Cost Comparison of Data Centers and Cloud
Common Cost Drivers in a Data Center
Cloud vs On-premises
9% Software license Costs
- Customisation& Implementation
- IT Personal
- Patches& Fixes, Upgrades
- Performance Tuning
- Maintenance & Upgrade of Hardware
- On-going budget on IT
- Maintenance & Upgrade of Network
- Maintenance & Upgrade of Security
68% Subscription Fee
- Customization & Implementation
- Subscription Fee